Get to Know Mike Nordeen
As the Innovation & Technology Services Manager, Mike makes sure Covenir looks to the future. Mike says that his team is creative, driven and always looking to serve the needs of their coworkers and customers. Mike attended Southern Illinois University, Carbondale where he earned a Bachelor of Science in computer science with a mathematics minor. He has more than 19 years of experience in working with technology in the P&C insurance space. He manages software development, end-to-end print operations and company-wide process improvement and scalability initiatives.
- My favorite way to spend a Saturday:
- On my bike, preferably with dirt under my wheels, on the way to a distant beer.
- A lesson I live by:
- You will get where you want to go as long as you keep taking a step in the right direction, and then repeating the process.
- Defining trait:
- I believe that anything is possible if you have the drive, vision and good help.
- Why you might think I’m quirky:
- I am the normal one, everyone else is quirky.
- You might be surprised to learn:
- That despite my penchant for prolific parlance I have very little background in literature or writing.
- My favorite food:
- Being from Chicago you might expect pizza to be my favorite food. And you would be right. My other favorite foods are tacos, sandwiches, and everything else made of food.
- My biggest fans:
- Despite my best efforts I do believe my wife and ten-year-old daughter actually may like me a little. I also have two cats, and as we all know, cats only pretend to like anything.
- What I want to do before I grow old:
- Before I lose my ability to do so, I will move to the mountains, make what is now just a vacation my home, and pedal and hike my way around what is left of the wild and untamed lands.